Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kingship part 1

The next few post's are going to be a little bit different, because I feel something so strongly that I want to write about it, even though it doesn't necessarily follow the same format as my previous posts. Sunday at church I was thinking about kingship, or royalty. I began thinking about the following questions.


 How many kings could you think of in this world who would…
 
  • Eat off of the floor?
  • Question their abilities or talents?
  • Walk with their heads bowed down, everywhere they go?
  • Settle for less if they could have more?

 
 
 
 
Revelation 1:5,6

 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen

 
Many times, we as Christian's, do not see ourselves in this light. We are under the false assumption that we are being humble, while putting ourselves down. We make all kinds of excuses as to why we couldn't possibly do what we feel like God is calling us to do. We think, "I had to have heard wrong, I couldn't possibly do this or that, so and so would be much better than, I just am not good enough." And so the work that we were meant to be doing either doesn't get done or doesn't get done as well as it could be, because someone is withholding their gift from the body.
 
This post is not to put you or myself down, I just want us to raise our expectation levels. We need to start seeing ourselves as God sees us. The above scripture states that Jesus, through His sacrifice, has made us kings and priests to God. That makes you and me royalty. We have authority here, because of what Jesus did for us. He paid a high sacrifice for us.
 
I asked the above questions, not so we could become arrogant or selfish, like some earthly kings have been. I asked the questions to really challenge our mindset as Christian's. I cannot possibly cover everything I want to cover in one post, so over the next few days and weeks I am going to attempt to cover this subject in a more thorough manner.
 
Being a leader doesn’t mean you won't have any problems, and that everything will be fun and easy. Being kings and priests involves hard work on our part, because as Christian rulers we don't rule, to Lord it over people. Our motivation comes from the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, and as His representatives here on earth, our goal is to build and lift others up, while violently tearing down the kingdom of the god of this age. The victory has already been bought we need to step up.

 
Ephesians 6:10-12

 
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

 
Until next time,

 
May, “the Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance, and give you peace!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment