Friday, February 19, 2010

Waiting on the Lord


Psalm 27:14


Wait on the LORD; be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!  (NKJV)

If you are anything like me, waiting is never an easy task. I recently ordered a headset so that I could get better sound quality for my videos and so that my Dragon Naturally Speaking would work a little better. I could get the headset cheaper online, but I would have to wait for it to be shipped to me.


Waiting seems to be much harder when it is a life and death type of situation. David was faced with very difficult situations throughout his life. He understood that the Lord was his refuge when things weren’t working out in his favor. People did things to him that he didn’t deserve and he had learned to trust in the Lord.


There is always a cost to not waiting. I would have had to pay quite a bit more for the exact headphones I wanted if I would have went to the store and purchased them, instead of purchasing them online. The alternative to not waiting or trusting in the Lord is to try doing it with our own strength, talent, or abilities, placing our trust in ourselves or others.


The Lord is gracious and may even help us when we do this, but we just create a lot of extra unneeded stress. He wants us to place our trust in Him and rest in His presence. In life this is not always easy to do, after all we like to be independent. Even though there are many things we are absolutely powerless to do anything about or change.


Matthew chapter 6:25-34 speaks to us about all the things that we are not to worry about, but to simply put our trust in Him. I mean like major things, like what am I going to wear, or eat, drink. These are some of our most basic needs, after all you cannot live if you do not eat or drink.


The main point is that God, who created us, knows that we need those things to survive and he will take care of us as we learn to trust in Him. It will not always be easy, especially if you lose your job, like I did, but God is always faithful. Learning to trust is a fantastic journey that has some ups and downs. Trust is not always something that we want to do, but it is something that we must learn to do.


On a final note to close this post I would encourage you to read Matthew 6:25-34 and be encouraged. Better yet begin memorizing this verse and bury it deep within your heart.




May,

"The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace."






No comments:

Post a Comment